It's a new year and you're ready to make some health-conscious changes. So you decide to make your first purchase of essential oils. You search Google and every site you visit makes claims about purity and potency. But, how do you really know what to expect in terms of quality?
The truth is, you should expect the best from any and all essential oil sellers. Why? Because most oils come from the same sources. Nevertheless, you should always know the following to ensure you're purchasing legitimate essential oils.
- You buy your essential oils from a reputable brand or company in the United States, Canada or Western Europe. Things to look for include:
- Country of Origin
- Therapeutic status of oil
- Customer reviews
- Return policy
- Any additional certifications of the oils.
- The product is labeled as "100% pure essential oils" and not "fragrance oils" or 'perfume oils".
- They possess a label such as "USDA Organic" or "Therapeutic grade" on at least a few of their products. These are typically helpful indications to steer you in the right direction.
At myChoice, we take extreme pride in purchasing our oils from highly reputable sources in the United States and Canada. We blend these fine essential oils into the very natural air fresheners our customers have come to love over the years. You'll find some of our products to be Organic where stated. No matter where you go to make your purchase, read a bit about the company and always go with your instinct... it's usually a trustworthy voice.
At the end of the day, we all have such varying taste in essential oils. Just as we differ in taste for coffee and food, we can be moved by a particular brand of oils. It could be the strength or oil potency, or it may be the natural characteristics that make one brand stand out over another. So, while there are fundamental differences between quality of sources, the impact on our senses may be very subtle. It's up to you to experiment and find the one that resonates with your taste. Enjoy, explore and you'll find the one that speaks to you.